New Sales

Any ideas about how to improve EazyFlixPix? Let us know!
anonymous8675309

New Sales

Postby anonymous8675309 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:17 pm

Is EasyFlixPix closed to new sales? I am in contact with a user who purchased a license about a week ago and has not received a product key. They have emailed about the issue and gotten no response. I'll probably suggest they request a chargeback from their credit card company if they don't hear back soon, but it sounds like they're much more interested in the license than anything. Hopefully you're just on vacation or something!

clevnumb

Re: New Sales

Postby clevnumb » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:09 am

Sadly I had the same experience. I was told and I quote, " It's just not feasible for me financially right now to continue with it. I do get a constant stream of downloads and new users, but it's not enough to justify the time I'm putting into it. I considered looking for a person to partner with, but it would take someone who's willing to make a sizable investment and I can't guarantee what their return would be so I haven't really pursued that avenue. The site and the forums will remain running and users will still be able to download/purchase the software, but I won't be providing any ongoing support or releasing any new versions. Actually, I may release one more last version, but after that, I'm locking development down." AND "...I won't be able to do ongoing support even if it's just changing emails. Now if you told me you had 1000 customers, I'd consider it. But for 1 or even a couple, it's not worth the effort."

...Really disheartening. I believed in this product and supported it on and off for a long time. I even helped develop some of the ideas for it, donated to it; didn't get any pay for it, paid for my copy of course, and I still use, it's great....

So I had to basically lost money on a deal because I could get no response either. I had to eat the purchase, and it wasn't refunded. I guess all good things must end.

I just hope this amazing software developer is okay.

QuantumBeep

Postby QuantumBeep » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:12 pm

If there was a crowdfund to open-source the project (set the goal to whatever the developer feels the project is worth), I would definitely contribute quite a bit... both in money and probably code as well.

anonymous8675309

Postby anonymous8675309 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:31 pm

It's so strange to me that, first of all, registration codes are not delivered automatically, and, further, that the developer isn't sending them out. Simply sending out a registration code seems well worth ~$20 to me.

I do not at all fault the developer for giving up on the project--he decided it wasn't worth his time, and considering the great program he's given us for a very low price, I don't think he owes us anything--but it's strange that the website suggests it is open to new sales when it isn't. I also hope everything's okay with him.

Sonny Chiba

Postby Sonny Chiba » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:33 pm

I too will miss further development of this incredible software.

It really does everything I want, and I wish I would have discovered it 4 years ago instead of 4 months ago.

Despite that, I am continuing to import information for a very large video collection.

One wish list item I have would love to see happen before it is dead and buried would be a way to export all the metadata, both folder- and file-based, to an easily recognized format to import elsewhere.

Maybe a simple NFO generator function (or something else that I don't know exists).

No easy feat, I'm sure, but I can dream.

Best wishes for the developer as well, he seemed to really care about this software and was extremely receptive to improvements large and small- not something I see very often.

PenDrag0n

Postby PenDrag0n » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:55 am

Sonny Chiba wrote:I too will miss further development of this incredible software.

It really does everything I want, and I wish I would have discovered it 4 years ago instead of 4 months ago.

Despite that, I am continuing to import information for a very large video collection.

One wish list item I have would love to see happen before it is dead and buried would be a way to export all the metadata, both folder- and file-based, to an easily recognized format to import elsewhere.

Maybe a simple NFO generator function (or something else that I don't know exists).

No easy feat, I'm sure, but I can dream.

Best wishes for the developer as well, he seemed to really care about this software and was extremely receptive to improvements large and small- not something I see very often.

you can Backup the database, but it better to use other 3rd party software to generate the nfo e.g tinyMediaManager
and then import that into EZ.

hoping the dev will release the source code so that someone else can pick up development.

Return to “EazyFlixPix Wishlist”