How To Use the Parsing Tool

Get answers about using the current release of EazyFlixPix.
zzzadamdzzz1

How To Use the Parsing Tool

Postby zzzadamdzzz1 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:21 am

Hi, there:
I Need help with The parsing feature, So, I have a bunch of music video name like this :
[singer 1][singer 2] the name of the song.
some videos have only one singer and some have more than 2,3,...etc, but every singer's name is written between [ ].
examples:
[Drake] In my Feelings
[Ariana Grande][Marshmello] Moon
[Drake][Ariana Grande][Marshmello] This is America.
Also I have already added all the singers to my casts list. so all im asking how do I extract the casts (from the file name) using the parse tool and add them to video - of course as video tags/casts - i also need to add the ones that don't exist to my casts category list.
So plz what code/expression should i insert here to get th job done.
i know you already added a text/tutorial on how to use this, but its Chinese for me
EX1.png
EX1.png (22.02 KiB) Viewed 957 times

-----------------------------------------------
My Second question is: Can I sort my videos based on the release date (the one inserted from media properties). ? what about a random sort is there any option for that in eazyflix ?
Ex2.png
Ex2.png (7.34 KiB) Viewed 957 times

---------------------------------------------
My 3rd and last question: Is there any chance to assign the media properties of a cast as tags to a video.
i dont know if what i said is clear or not but look at the pic down below.

I hope you can answer my question as quick as possible esp. the first one.
Thank you so much and keep up the good work
Attachments
Ex3.png
Ex3.png (309.51 KiB) Viewed 957 times

admineazymojo
Site Admin

Re: How To Use the Parsing Tool

Postby admineazymojo » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:02 pm

1. Regex is a little complicated, but in order to use the parse filename tool effectively, you'll have to learn at least the basics.

Regarding your specific question, you can parse the performer names into tags using: \[([^]]+)\]
Here's a link to see this regex in action as well as an explanation as to how it's parsing: https://regex101.com/r/V8Qjww/1

You'll notice in the screenshot that it also includes the actual song title. This is because EazyFlixPix is splitting the filename using the regex template, not matching. In the next release, I'll add options to Split or Match. When Match is selected, it will only add the artists in brackets.

Also in this example, the first 3 tags will be added to the "Artists" tag category by token. $1 $2 $3
regex-parse.jpg
regex-parse.jpg (111.09 KiB) Viewed 954 times

2. Can you sort by the Release Date media property? No.
Can you sort randomly? No. But you can shuffle the videos, there's an option in the header next to the page numbers.

3. Can you assign cast media properties as tags to the video? No. But you can search by media properties using the Quick Search. So if you search for Nationality = American, it will find all cast with that nationality and then return all videos with those cast.

zzzadamdzzz1

Postby zzzadamdzzz1 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:25 pm

Thank you so much the expression is working perfectly. and I saw that you added "match" option as well in the new release.
thanks again for your help.

calz0ne

Postby calz0ne » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:45 pm

Hi,

I'm hijacking this thread.

I have similar "issues". Or well the issue is i can't figure out how to use Regular Expressions. I've watched alot of tutorials but i can't get it to work as i want.

I'm using this format,

[Studio] Performer 1, Performer 2 - Title

And i want these tags,
[Studio]
Performer 1
Performer 2

Right now i have to create all the tags manually and then use the filter "only use existing tags". But it's annoying to have to create all the tags manually.

Any tips?

Return to “Need Help?”