Import Metadata from Json

Any ideas about how to improve EazyFlixPix? Let us know!
PenDrag0n

Import Metadata from Json

Postby PenDrag0n » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:51 am

Hey,
I am very much hoping you can look into this request

Its been fairly easy for me to generate all the data i need, however one of the major thing iv been having issues with is importing data into EZ as each media has its own way of importing, but all have limitations and some items have no way of importing data.

1. Video have nfos which come the closest to everything i need however is excursive to videos items,
also if if you have custom tags like <composer>"hans zimmer"</composer> you cant map it to Media property: Composer.
as well as tags cant auto categorize due to a limitation of the format.

2. For Images i use metadata which is alot more limiting than nfos, as you cannot import media property,
description and pngs doesnt support tag metadata.

3. Tags/Cast/Folders
These dont have any option for importing.
(though Cast download info does a pritty good jobs)

What im am hoping for a is a json format for Import/Export that can cover all items,
essentially a json equivalent to nfos but without the limitations of that format.

admineazymojo
Site Admin

Re: Import Metadata from Json

Postby admineazymojo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:22 pm

If you'd still have to create the json file and enter all your data there...why is that preferable to just entering it in EZFP?

Do you have some automated process that would generate that json data for you or would you manually enter it?

PenDrag0n

Postby PenDrag0n » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:17 am

admineazymojo wrote:If you'd still have to create the json file and enter all your data there...why is that preferable to just entering it in EZFP?

Do you have some automated process that would generate that json data for you or would you manually enter it?

yes, it all automated, using 3rd party and customer scrappers.

(also a few hacks, like ez doesnt have a way of auto importing folders images for video, cause i preference poster art on folders and 4x4 on video.
but noticed that it has a cache of folder images using filepath as the name so I just bulk overwrite them with poster images)

admineazymojo
Site Admin

Postby admineazymojo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:50 am

PenDrag0n wrote:ez doesnt have a way of auto importing folders images for video, cause i preference poster art on folders and 4x4 on video

In v4.79 you can now import movie cast, tags, description and thumbnail to categories and folders.

Regarding your json import request, I'll consider it.

PenDrag0n

Postby PenDrag0n » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:40 am

admineazymojo wrote:
PenDrag0n wrote:ez doesnt have a way of auto importing folders images for video, cause i preference poster art on folders and 4x4 on video

In v4.79 you can now import movie cast, tags, description and thumbnail to categories and folders.

Regarding your json import request, I'll consider it.

Is it still possible for you to look into this Bug it would be much appreciated
"https://eazymojo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1153"

Return to “EazyFlixPix Wishlist”