Custom fonts

Any ideas about how to improve EazyFlixPix? Let us know!
ch21

Custom fonts

Postby ch21 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:35 am

Hi,

Thank you for continuously improving your product, it has made it a lot easier to organize my files.

I can see you have put a lot of thoughts into the UI design, and it's great that EFP allows users to change the fonts, however, these font choices may not necessarily support all languages. Therefore, I was wondering if it is possible to change the fonts to the ones that I have installed on my PC.

Thanks.

admineazymojo
Site Admin

Re: Custom fonts

Postby admineazymojo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:22 pm

There's not an easy way right now...but there may be a workaround. It uses a set list of specific windows fonts (Arial, Tahoma, etc) as well as a couple of custom fonts (Oswald, Roboto).

To change one of these custom fonts, you can do this:
  • Close EazyFlixPix
  • Open windows file explorer and browse to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\EazyFlixPix\fonts" folder and you'll see the custom .ttf files
  • Find a font you want to use from your computer's installed fonts or by downloading them from Google Fonts
  • Put that new font .ttf file in the EazyFlixPix fonts folder...ideally you'll want to find the Bold, Light and Regular versions of your new font, but you don't have to. Some fonts only have 1 file
  • Rename the 3 Oswald font files or copy them to another folder so you have backups
  • Name your new font .ttf the same as the 3 Oswald font files. If you only have 1 .ttf, make 2 copies and rename them also so you end up with the same 3 Oswald named files
  • Then re-open EazyFlixPix and test it out

ch21

Re: Custom fonts

Postby ch21 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:22 pm

It didn't work... I guess it's more complicated than just replacing the font files.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Return to “EazyFlixPix Wishlist”