One last thing...

Any ideas about how to improve EazyFlixPix? Let us know!
corona2k

One last thing...

Postby corona2k » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:48 am

Really sad to hear, that you will stop development. You did some amazing work here.
Maybe instead of stopping completely you could just put out a patch/new features like once every two months or something?

Anyway before you putting development on hold, I wanna put just one thing out there:

As of now there is no good option to put movies which consists of multiple files into the database.
Right now I just put the front cover of the movie as the thumbnail of the folder with the movie scenes and also add a seperate tag for each movie and also give that tag the picture of the front cover.
Adding multiple front and back covers for each file is kinda unconvinient and as far as I can see the back cover is only shown in lightbox mode anyway!? A hover card as discussed in another thread would be great to show both covers. But still I would have multiple files with the same cover for the same movie.

I don't know any perfect solutions to his except maybe creating a special tag as we have for the cast. There would be a tag for movies and it also could get media properties as well as Media Art. This way you could browse your movies not only by folder structure but also with your movie tags. But then the hover card would also have to work for those tags.

I don't know if you would be up for something like that or if you have maybe a better idea and tbh it sounds like a lot of work but it would me help tremendously as I don't really know how to do this properly atm. If you have any suggestions how to handle this, I would also be happy to hear you out. (No, I won't merge those files :D )

Another small thing that bugs me a little bit is the "favourite performers" home tab. Before showing any performers you count the number of scenes for each. This takes a loooong time for my big database. Maybe instead of showing the performers with the most scenes (which are always the same anyways), take a random batch from them. This way there are always different "favourite performers" and there is no loading time.

No matter whats the answer ... thanks for develop this great piece of software!

admineazymojo
Site Admin

Re: One last thing...

Postby admineazymojo » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:18 am

corona2k wrote:As of now there is no good option to put movies which consists of multiple files into the database.
Right now I just put the front cover of the movie as the thumbnail of the folder with the movie scenes and also add a seperate tag for each movie and also give that tag the picture of the front cover.
Adding multiple front and back covers for each file is kinda unconvinient and as far as I can see the back cover is only shown in lightbox mode anyway!? A hover card as discussed in another thread would be great to show both covers. But still I would have multiple files with the same cover for the same movie.

I don't know any perfect solutions to his except maybe creating a special tag as we have for the cast. There would be a tag for movies and it also could get media properties as well as Media Art. This way you could browse your movies not only by folder structure but also with your movie tags. But then the hover card would also have to work for those tags.

I don't know if you would be up for something like that or if you have maybe a better idea and tbh it sounds like a lot of work but it would me help tremendously as I don't really know how to do this properly atm. If you have any suggestions how to handle this, I would also be happy to hear you out. (No, I won't merge those files :D )

Yeah, this sounds complicated...I don't even quite understand the issue you're describing...so unfortunately given the situation, it's not something I'm going to look into right now.

corona2k wrote:Another small thing that bugs me a little bit is the "favourite performers" home tab. Before showing any performers you count the number of scenes for each. This takes a loooong time for my big database. Maybe instead of showing the performers with the most scenes (which are always the same anyways), take a random batch from them. This way there are always different "favourite performers" and there is no loading time.

I noticed that also. I'll change it so it doesn't do a count anymore and just shows random favorite performers.

Return to “EazyFlixPix Wishlist”