Custom properties! Awesome! ...and a few thoughts on improvements... :)

Any ideas about how to improve EazyFlixPix? Let us know!
cheltorn

Custom properties! Awesome! ...and a few thoughts on improvements... :)

Postby cheltorn » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:24 pm

Custom properties are looking lovely! Been waiting for this for quite a while, so I'm happy as an ant in a sugarbowl! Thanks for doing this!

A few niggling points, though:

The interface for inputting properties on items is a bit cumbersome. Rather than having to go through the process of first adding the property and then filling it in, could we maybe have an "edit mode" that lists all available properties with input fields and lets us just fill in the ones we want before hitting "save"? This would save a lot of mouse clicks. Also, saving the property you're editing when hitting return/enter would be great.

I'm guessing this is already in the pipe, but it would be great to have custom properties as details in detail list mode and columns in grid list mode, as well as the ability to search by them.

admineazymojo
Site Admin

Re: Custom properties! Awesome! ...and a few thoughts on improvements... :)

Postby admineazymojo » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:05 pm

cheltorn wrote:The interface for inputting properties on items is a bit cumbersome. Rather than having to go through the process of first adding the property and then filling it in, could we maybe have an "edit mode" that lists all available properties with input fields and lets us just fill in the ones we want before hitting "save"? This would save a lot of mouse clicks. Also, saving the property you're editing when hitting return/enter would be great.

I''l streamline this process a bit, but I'm not sure your "edit mode" idea is feasible. After I make changes in the next release, give me some more feedback.

cheltorn wrote:I'm guessing this is already in the pipe, but it would be great to have custom properties as details in detail list mode and columns in grid list mode

Yes, I'm considering this.

cheltorn wrote:as well as the ability to search by them.

You can search for media properties using the Quick Search. it hasn't been added to the Advanced Search yet.

ciaron88

Postby ciaron88 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:23 pm

Hi

i have a couple of ideas to add to the Media Properties.

-When searching could it be possible to pick a property and have the value as "Any" or blank to search for all items that have that have that property, e.g. i have a property for Tattoos and the values are a description of the tattoo. By searching the Tattoo property i can then get a result of all cast member with tattoos
- I deleted the default Height property and tried to add it again but now it does not have the list of measurements, could measurements be added as another property type and then let the user pick what units they need like Length, Weight etc... and the range of numbers

Thanks for all of your work :)

admineazymojo
Site Admin

Postby admineazymojo » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:57 pm

ciaron88 wrote:-When searching could it be possible to pick a property and have the value as "Any" or blank to search for all items that have that have that property, e.g. i have a property for Tattoos and the values are a description of the tattoo. By searching the Tattoo property i can then get a result of all cast member with tattoos

Yes, I could see how that would be useful. I'll add it to my list.

ciaron88 wrote:- I deleted the default Height property and tried to add it again but now it does not have the list of measurements, could measurements be added as another property type and then let the user pick what units they need like Length, Weight etc... and the range of numbers

Height is handled as a special property. It's stored as a number in centimeters and when it's displayed, it does a calculation to show feet/inches and centimeters. You can get it back by doing this:
  • Create a new property called Height1. It won't actually let you add values to Height because I didn't want people to change it.
  • Add these values: 121;124;127;130;132;135;137;140;142;145;147;150;152;155;157;160;163;165;168;170;173;175;178;180;183;185;188;191;193;196;198;201;203;206;208;211;213;216;218;221;224;226;229
  • Rename Height1 to Height

As far as custom user measurement units, yes that's something I knew would come up. I just have to build the conversion/calculation logic to handle that. But I wanted to go ahead and get this functionality out there.

admineazymojo
Site Admin

Postby admineazymojo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:49 pm

ciaron88 wrote:-When searching could it be possible to pick a property and have the value as "Any" or blank to search for all items that have that have that property, e.g. i have a property for Tattoos and the values are a description of the tattoo. By searching the Tattoo property i can then get a result of all cast member with tattoos

Added in v4.64

Return to “EazyFlixPix Wishlist”